Thursday, February 10, 2011

March is Dr. Seuss' Birthday

In celebration of Dr. Seuss' Birthday next month we are going to incorporate lots of fun activities throughout the month. We will read his books, make awesome painting, play some whimmsical games, and learn to write funny poems just like Dr. Seuss himself!!! 

I have been brainstorming a bullentin board idea for March and what better way to display all of our fun Seuss excitement! This is what I have come up with so far!! I found this AWESOME art project on deepspacesparkle.com [bomb website for art ideas] and I have totally ran with it and making it our own! This is a rough sketch of bullentin board. Promise it will be MUCH cuter!!


Here are some other examples of the fish art work...I think they are so precious!


Since we will talk a lot of Dr. Seuss' famous quotes I thought it would be fun for each child to write and display their favorite quote. Here are a few that  I will have printed out for them to pick from!
*A person's a person, no matter how small.
*And when they played they really played. And when they worked they really worked!
*Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
*Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!

I just love his quotes!!! 
I'm compiling a list of a bunch of fun stuff to do throughout the month. Nothing big, but something fun that will take ten minutes or less! Our class LOVES reading and I have learned so many valuable things from Mrs. Pratz! She has an amazing reading program that I will share at some point! Let's just say the kids have almost read 6,000 book this year as a class!! Phenomenal, I think so!!!!

What do you do to celebrate Dr. Seuss???
Please share!!!




5 comments:

Cindy Hutter and Tanya Wildman said...

My favorite Dr. Seuss quote is “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” That might be a little over kinders heads so this one might be better, “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Keep compiling that list. There are so many great ideas out there! Can't wait to see them all!

Cindy Hutter and Tanya Wildman said...

I posted one activity so far for Dr. Seuss. Hopefully there will be more. Check it out!
thekindergartencorral.blogspot.com
Have a great week!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Hope all is well Claire! I just gave you an award over on my blog!

http://missklohnsclassroom.blogspot.com/

Marlana said...

Thank you for sharing so many amazing ideas and great pictures!I love your blog and think you deserve being awarded the Stylish Blogger award! I received it from several others and would love to learn more about you!

Blessings,
Marlana
http://lilcountrykindergarten.blogspot.com

Ms. Durning said...

I too just awarded you!
http://msdurning.blogspot.com/2011/02/wow-second-grade-is-stylish.html

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.