Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Writing Process - Anchor Charts

My first purchasable item on Teachers Pay Teachers!!! Guys, I'm so excited! I hope you are too!
One of my favorite things to teach is writing. I have created a set of anchor charts for each part of The Writing Process {Prewriting, Drafting, Revising, Editing, Proofreading, and Publishing}. These cuties would look spectacular on your Writing Wall






I have my students track where they are in the writing process as they are writing. The different headers of the process are taped to my cabinet and each student has a clothes pin with their number on it. As they go throughout the process they move their clip. This lets me know exactly where each student is and who I need to conference with. I really love it and so do the kids. It keeps accountability on my end and theirs!

This packet contains the anchor charts & the headers for your kids to track their writing too!
Please let me know if I can answer any of your questions!


The first 3 people to add a comment telling me their favorite writing [teaching] technique and to blog about my new TPT purchase will receive the packet for free! Thanks for following my blog, as well!





Happy {almost} Hump Day!

8 comments:

♥ Owl in a Vowel Tree ♥ said...

This would be so useful in my classroom, it looks great! To help my babies write paragraphs, I use the "five finger rule." A Topic Sentence, 3 'Tell' Sentences, and a Think sentence. it's been helping my struggling learners! :)

Gladys said...

I usually make a lot of anchor charts and thinking maps with my ELL students...I love your new packet!

Gladys
http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com
teachinginhighheels(at)gmail(dot)com

Constance said...

I love using anchor charts for my kiddos. I have found so many ideas while blog stalking!! LOL!

crhdouglas@gmail.com

Ali said...

This is becoming a little strange...more than once I have commented on different blogs and it seems to show up, but then when I go back it's not there? Not sure why it's doing that for me?

Anyway....I posted about your great writing anchor charts!!

http://lasts-a-lifetime.blogspot.com/2012/01/writing-anchor-charts.html

I also love teaching figurative language to my kiddos....once they get it, it makes their writing so colorful and rich!

Ali
alichepis(at)gmail.com

Ali said...

oops....mistyped my email address

Ali
alischepis(at)gmail.com

Sally said...

Hi-Love your Writing anchor charts - - can't find them on TPT. When I click on your link it takes me to your page, but these aren't there. Help. (thanks)

Sally said...

Hi! Also a Sally who loves your Writing anchor charts - - and I can't find them on TPT either. TPT is only showing your freebies. I don't want you to miss out on sales, what can we do?

Online PhD Degree Programs by Nina said...

I am so excited for you too! I think writing is one of the most important things to teach. Everything looks so great and I bet all your students love this. It is also important that you and the kid are accountable for the finished project. Great job!

Please visit My Webblog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.